Date: 8 December 2017
Venue: ORE Catapult, National Renewable Energy Centre, Blyth
The Offshore Wind Innovation Event was organised by the Offshore Wind Innovation Hub and hosted by ORE Catapult in response to the Innovate UK Infrastructure Systems funding call announcement in December 2017.
The purpose of this funding call was to encourage innovation in infrastructure systems that provide critical services for our economy, environment and society, with offshore wind specifically mentioned in the scope.
By convening over 20 SMEs and industry suppliers at ORE Catapult’s test and research facilities in Blyth, the Innovation Event aimed to:
- To raise awareness of the Infrastructure Systems funding call.
- To highlight opportunities for innovation and substantial reductions in the cost of energy from offshore wind.
- To outline the criteria for successfully securing funding from Innovate UK.
- To publicise the Offshore Wind Innovation Hub.
- To support the establishment of suitable consortia to respond to the call.
Participants had the opportunity to engage with representatives from Innovate UK and the KTN, and to network with offshore wind specialists from the ORE Catapult. Expert presentations were given on offshore wind O&M challenges, opportunities for innovation, relevant funding calls and how to respond to them most effectively. Delegates also enjoyed a private tour of the test facilities.